LOST: Across the Sea
  • JayneJayne
  • JayneJayne
    So that we don't have competing threads, I'm going to move this discussion under Dan's summary because it links to his blog post.

Hmmm.. appears I can't move the topic under another thread in the same folder.  Oh well..

We were first. :)
  • JayneJayne
  • JayneJayne
  • I'm having trouble posting a picture of the cover of Splinter of the Mind's eye... but it's near the bottom of the wiki entry, so again I plead that you check it out. From a production design standpoint it is blowing my mind how much it reminds me of the discovery of the MSL nook.
  • vincentvincent
  • Vincent, I thank you!
  • JayneJayne
  • JayneJayne
    I agree, 'Whacker.  I've come to see it as the entertainment equivalent of the honors student HS football star who in Februrary of his senior year gets his gf pregnant and has to surrender his academic-football scholarship to USC because he's trying to do "the right thing" when the "right thing" could also be to go to school so that he can get a high-paying job to support his gf and kid. 

Going to college would have been consistent with everything he did before, even though the choice to continue that route may have turned off some people who wanted him to follow a more traditional, less challenging path (don't go to school, work as a janitor to be there for his kid).

Meanwhile, his teachers, academic advisors, and college recruiter are deeply disappointed because they see wasted talent.  They don't think less of him as a person, but they know he could have been more if he wasn't swayed by those with smaller world views and less confidence in his ability.

• vincentvincent

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion