Site Changes Inbound
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
    Oh! And the forums may be deactivated for short periods during upgrades and redesigns... Sorry!
  • PlopperPlopper
    The new look is looking good.
  • PlopperPlopper
    @DanBirlew just had an E-Mail notification that said there was a new post in the Films You Just Saw topic and it read. "Test New Post"

I've clicked on the link and it directs me to a page not found page and does not appear on the topic!
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
    Work continues on the forums, please be patient and ignore testing on threads you may have subscribed to. :) I will indeed announce when all work is "completed" on the site.
  • JayneJayne
    It looks great, Dan, and I've had fewer issues with "new posts" posting to the top of the page not the actual post. The color scheme is easier to read, too.

Please consider writing a strategy guide for Microsoft and Apple about how and when to upgrade successfully.
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
  • Have all the old topics gone? I can only see 7 things on the main forum page. When I click on My Discussions (6) it comes up blank.

The site does look great indeed.

-edit-
    I'd also suggest saying to wait more than a day to install windows updates ;)

-edit2-
    Okay logging in in IE and I can see all the topics as usual. I'll try clearing the cookies etc in Firefox and see if that works.
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
    @vincent Thanks! Okay, so I think I needed to change the permissions for Members. Please sign out and sign in, and check again. You should be seeing all topics now.

• Ah, I just cleared cookies and stuff in Firefox and logged in to see this. I can see everything as normal now.

I wasn't expecting such a quick fix for that :)

*Idon'tlikeitwhenthebosslurksintheshadowswaitingtopounce* ;)
  • @DanBirlew

Another wee problem, I can only comment in the announcements threads, "Commenting not allowed" on the others. I've only tried the TV, Film and Our Cat threads but they're all saying the same thing.
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
    @vincent Grr. Permissions are a bit of mystery in this forum software, the documentation is as flimsy as tissue paper. How about now, can you comment in other thread types?
  • @DanBirlew Yup, I can comment in them now.

Thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion