Reason Prevails!
  • JayneJayne
    Our IT group has finally seen the light (at least for now). After incessant grumbling and some serious nerd rage, they came to the understanding that ESPN.com and Dan Birlew.com weren't so different and secretly unblocked all sites dealing with videogame information. Still can't download games to play at work or stream, which, IMO, is as it should be, but we can at least READ about stuff again. Yay for reason.

Seems like nobody's really playing anything anymore, tho, based on the lack of discussion here. So sad. Truth be told, tho, I haven't been motivated to play anything much lately myself. Bought Child of Eden, but I'm seriously too tired at the end of the day to stand up and play.

And what's this about Dan appearing to have landed an office job? How'd that happen?
  • DanBirlewDanBirlew
    Administrator
  • JayneJayne
    Yeah, he doesn't have time to maintain it, and he keeps getting hit with bots requiring moderation, which is the equivalent of a mosquito in the ear.

I'm glad it's not just me. There's nothing moderate out there now to play. It's either some epic like L.A. Noir, or another skin on the same FPS RPG. The last game I played that I loved was Portal 2. I might just go replay it, once the baby's in bed.

Good luck on the novel!
  • Welcome back Jayne, good to see you're still among us. Glad that your IT guys are actually behaving like normal people now. Long may it last!

Hope you're all well :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion